OPENING A UTILITY ACCOUNT
We would like to welcome you to our town. You will need to come inside of Wilkesboro Town Hall located at 203 West Main Street in Wilkesboro (beside the post office and Federal Building). You will need to bring the following with you.
1. All new customers must provide the following: New accounts CANNOT be setup over the telephone.
- Telephone number
- US Government photo ID
- Social Security Card or Federal Tax ID (business).
2. Payment is required before utilities can be connected.
- Activation Fee $15.00 (non-refundable)
- Deposits are required: These fees are set by the Town Council.
- Residential $75 (refundable upon closing account or applied to outstanding balance)
- Commercial $125 (refundable upon closing account or applied to outstanding balance)
- If above Identification cards / numbers are not provided, the deposit will increase to following rates:
- Residential $150
- Commercial $300.
3. If renting a residence or business, they must provide either the renters agreement or lease agreement. Only the person whose name is on the agreement can have utility services connected in their name.
4. More utility billing information.