WILKESBORO PLANNING BOARD
The objectives and purposes of the Wilkesboro Planning Board shall be as set forth in North Carolina General Statutes, Chapter 160A, Sections 361, 362 and 363, as amended, in those acts of the legislature which comprise the corporate charter of the Town of Wilkesboro, and powers and duties as may be from time to time delegated to said board by resolution or ordinance by the Wilkesboro Town Council within the limitations of the above-cited statutes.
The Planning Board for the Town of Wilkesboro fulfills the following responsibilities and duties:
- Initiates and performs future planning activities for the Town of Wilkesboro City Limits and the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) in conjunction with the Planning Department.
- The Planning Board is an advisory board to the Town Council; the board makes advisory recommendations related to the following:
- Zoning Ordinance and Town Code Amendments
- Subdivision Review.
Wilkesboro Subdivision Ordinance: https://wilkesboronorthcarolina.com/images/documents/TownGovt/Wilkesboro-Subdivision-Ordinance.pdf
- Rezoning Review
- Develop and recommend policies, ordinances, and administrative procedures;
- Make studies of the Town of Wilkesboro and its jurisdiction and then prepare and adopt plans.
- Standing committees and ad hoc committees may be appointed by the Chairman from time to time for purposes and terms that the Planning Board approves.
- Conduct any other business deemed appropriate.