CIVIC CENTER RENTAL INFORMATION
To rent the civic center, there is a limit of 100 persons indoors as of 04/30/021 at 5:00 PM. A mask must be worn at all times inside of the Civic Center, and practice social distancing. Since this is a government building, the town must follow the NC Governor's Executive Orders.
- We rent BY THE DAY and not by a specific timeframe nor by the hour.
- Rental hours are 7:30 AM until 12 midnight.
- No early entry or late exit or you will lose your deposit and it is monitored by the police department.
- If you need to decorate the day or evening before the event, you will need to rent the center for an additional day - no exceptions per town management.
RENTAL FEE: $125.00 per day
DEPOSIT: $150.00 per rental day/time frame. Deposit must be paid within 7 days of the civic center reservation or name will be removed from the rental calendar. Once your name is removed from the calendar, it will be rented on a first come, first serve basis. The deposit is refundable - if the condition is left according to lease agreement & checklist.
- A government-issued photo ID card is required.
- You will be required to sign a lease agreement and it must be signed by the person leasing the facility.
In person at Wilkesboro Town Hall, 203 West Main Street, Wilkesboro, NC or
Night Deposit Box at the Wilkesboro Town Hall located beside the drive-thru window & is available 24/7 or
Mail to: Town of Wilkesboro Civic Center, PO Box 1056, Wilkesboro, NC 28697.
Cash, Money Order, Checks, Credit or Debit cards via above payment methods. Payments cannot be taken over the telephone or online
You must have paid the rental fee & deposit, signed a contract, and have provided photo ID. Key must be picked up by the renter at Wilkesboro Town Hall, 203 West Main Street, Wilkesboro, NC one-two days in advance. Town Hall hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
RETURNING THE KEY:
Key must be returned the next morning before noon. If rental is on a weekend, on Monday morning.
1. Night deposit box at the Wilkesboro Town Hall located at the drive-thru window. Available 24/7.
2. Inside the Wilkesboro Town Hall at the payment counter or drive-thru window.
- Once your rental is over, the renter will be refunded their deposit after 30 days, if the center is left in accordance of your lease terms, the checklist (posted inside facility), no damage, and no violations were found.
- No Alcohol allowed under any circumstances.
- No smoking allowed inside the building. You may smoke outside of the building. Please dispose of butts in containers and do not throw down on the ground.
- No decorations on the ceiling or the ceiling metal structure.
16 - 8 ft rectangular tables
Approx. 115 chairs
Sofas, chairs, and other furniture
Kitchen equipped with 2 sinks, 2 dishwashers, 2 ovens, 2 stovetops, and 1 side-by-side refrigerator - not commercial grade
Kitchen has 2 serving windows
No silverware, dishes, pots or pans
Speaker stand - No intercom/speaker system
Indoor flag stand sets with cords & tassels - US & NC flags
Large retractable screen
No electronics such as TV, projector or sound system
Telephone - local calls only
Large trash cans provided and are located behind the building. Dumpsters are also on-site as well (4 large trash bags provided)
Handicap accessible facilities
No ladders or tools for decorating
No cooking appliances larger than a coffee maker or crockpot will be allowed. The maximum limit is 3 small appliances without prior written approval by lessor. The lessee will forfeit deposit for more than 3 small appliances or for using commercial/industrial appliances. The wiring is not sufficient to handle the electrical load of more than the limit or commercial or industrial grade appliances.
- Heat and air conditioning are controlled off-site. You will be provided the telephone numbers to have it adjusted.
- Different occupancy capacities with different types of furniture (see table beside).
- Civic Center Layout Map