home > departments > parks & recreation > wilkesboro campground
WILKESBORO CAMPGROUND / SEWERFEST
Campground is open year-round.
The Wilkesboro Wastewater Treatment Plant becomes is a campground for events such as: Merlefest™ & Carolina in the Fall™ music festivals. It started in 1998 and the campers that stay with us have dubbed it “Sewerfest”.
Our campground is located at 700 Snyder Street, Wilkesboro, NC, which is about 1 mile east of downtown Wilkesboro and 2 miles east of Wilkes Community College. We have 69 acres of land and use the majority of it for camping.
We have approximately 500 tent sites and 150 RV sites that have electric (30 amp) hookups; however, each RV Sites does not have water or sewer hookups. We also have a dump site that you can empty your holding tanks before hitting the road. Upon arriving, there are several yard hydrants around the grounds for your convenience to fill your water storage or other containers.
We are famous for our late-night music pickin’ sessions of our guests. You have music to enjoy at the festival itself and at the campgrounds. Be sure to bring your instruments and join in the fun!
The campground also offers two heated & air-conditioned shower houses that have all the hot water anyone could ask for.
We offer free shuttle service to and from the festival. A local church provides the shuttle buses and the drivers greatly appreciate any donations that are received. These proceeds are put in a fund by the church for their Youth Fund. Shuttles run hourly to and from the festival locations.
We have ice for your coolers.
OFFICIAL MERLEFEST 2023 RESERVATIONS OPEN NOVEMBER 1st, 2022.
- All nonelectric sites and remaining electric RV sites will open on the website for MerleFest reservations on November 1, 2022 at 9:00 am EST.
- These reservations are first come, first serve to be completed on https://www.reserveamerica.com/explore/wilkesboro-campground/PRCG/1064550/overview?fbclid=IwAR1QAI2Aps_VDwq3XT4Hvf83H7xFsYl-wtPIlu4IbsfRhsWFI2mpXTyG7iU
- **Previous year’s (April 2022) Electric Site campers can call the office now until October 31st to rebook their same site**
- Please notice the previous rate change announcement. All special events are now based on a nightly rate with NO minimum stay required.
- You must reserve the actual days you intend to arrive and depart. The special event rates will apply Wednesday April 26th through Saturday April 29th.
- Any additional night will be at the standard rate.
We offer firewood to all campers.
Food and drinks will be for sale during the festival.
There have been people from almost all 50 states to stay with us. We almost always have people from Finland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan, England, Canada, and Australia. The different range of people we have here at the campground come from all walks of life including firemen, service technicians, doctors, lawyers, business owners, insurance adjusters, law enforcement, college students to retired couples and any walk in between. We also have some visitors that devote their lives to following music festivals all over the country.
We accept US Currency only by check or money order – no foreign currency will be accepted.
Any questions, please email or call the telephone number at top or bottom of the page.
Sewerfest email 336-667-2391